Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Smell the pine trees, OH, won't you just feel the cool breeze!

Usually I have plenty to say and it's accompanied by very few images, but it seems today, I have very little to say and shall I say it, too many images.
In the beginning of the summer I wasn't worried one bit about finding work. As time went on, I became a little un-easy, and then I found myself in an overall panic. A tearful, blubbering, panic.
I was emailing people like a mad woman in search of some assistant work. Then there were the 3 dreaded hurricanes that threatened the gulf and I felt like I was being a bother to people who may have been going through quite a bit already.
Well, recently work has been good. I've (as noted in the previous post) been working three days a week at the Motherhood Center in Houston, I've been working as a substitute teacher at the local high school, and this previous Monday I had the pleasure of working with William Long, photographer for William + Patricia Photography, located in Kingwood, Tx.
William and his wife, Patricia, both graduated from the Hallmark Institute of Photography a year before I did (they actually met at Hallmark!). They specialize in wedding and portraiture, and are also branching out to find commercial work.

The job that I assisted with was for All Starr Carpet and Floor Repair:



We were in a predominately Asian part of town and William's client pointed us in the direction of some fabulous Vietnamese cuisine! Be it that the area is only 20 minutes from my aunt's house (with whom I'm staying), I'll definitely be heading in that direction if ever a Vietnamese egg roll craving comes a long.

Earlier this month, (as also noted in the previous post) I enjoyed the Renaissance Festival in Plantersville, Tx. We camped out with Jodi's friend, Byron, and his "band of (un-related) brothers". 
There were people dressed up, people spinning fire, drums being played all through out the night, and as far as I'm concerned, some relatively decent pictures being taken. :)













(Isn't my twin sister, beautiful??)
Thank you for reading and viewing my blog!
Since this is primarily a photography blog, I would love to have comments to read that could help me better myself as a photographer, and also grow as an artist.

Please have a safe and fabulous Halloween Weekend! (As mom always said, check your candy before consuming all of it!)
And don't forget to Vote (early voting is still going on through 31 different states)!
AND if the weather is as lovely where you are, as it is here, enjoy as much of it as you can.

With love, hope, and peace,
Jessi Hebert
www.JessiHebert.com

5 comments:

Tyler2301 said...

love the pictures as it is as close to the ren fest as i have gotten. Was suppose to go for the halloween fest but seems i had a little to much homework. anyways, let me know next time your in town. would love to hang out. anyways hope your great. miss ya

Unknown said...

Tyler, thank you for your comment.
And I would love to let you know when I'm in town, but I don't know which town you're referring to.
Also, I don't know which Tyler you are.
lol.
So, umm...please let me know.

Anonymous said...

LOL...jess, to your previous comment. PS--the photos are great!! I love the fire ones the best! Those always turn out nice. Since I'm no photo-graph-er (pronounced as I typed it, lol), I have no words or wisdom for your photos, other than how great I think they are. Not much help, I know. And even though you haven't mentioned a new blog, I am pointing out that I check it often enough to find it before you could say anything...ha! love you, baby sister. And yes, jodi is b-e-a-uuuutiful. ;)

Faith said...

Congrats on graduating from hallmark. I want to go there. How long was it before you found a job?

Unknown said...

Hi Faith,
Thanks for your comment!
I tried to find a way to message you back, but it's not possible to do on your blog, so I guess I'll just respond here.
Hallmark was a great experience for me!
I loved it very very much!
I didn't immediately find work, but I wasn't looking very hard. I guess I just needed a break after such an intensive school.
Over all it took me about 3 months to find work.
Let me know if I can answer any questions for you about Hallmark or about photography in general.
I'm always willing to help.
-Jessi