Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh, 2009, don't fail me!!

Good Afternoon All,

I have been meaning to post a new blog for weeks now. 
And I honestly have no excuse other than the fact that I didn't want to.
My holiday has consisted of visiting people, eating, knitting, drinking, editing pictures and catching up on sleep that I've missed the last couple of months.

Let me fill you in on my exciting December:

On December 11th we, the shocked residents of South East Texas, received SNOW!
In the past, when there was speculation of snow, it was never anything worth waking up for. It would only really just be rain with a little bit of ice that would melt as soon as it made land fall.
But not this year!
I was sitting in the room upstairs late at night, editing pictures, and watching crappy television when I slightly heard something taping at my window.
Sure enough at close glance I saw snow!

(Bear didn't know what was going on!!)
Our house the following morning.
Our backyard the next morning.
I LOVED it.
I found myself acting the same exact way as I did last year, when I was in Massachusetts. Snow lifted me up and made me a better person, as sad as that sounds.

(This was me last year during the first snow! I'm crazy, but happy...)

Other than our glorious snow day, Chrystal's pregnant belly is getting bigger and bigger and within the next couple of months we're going to take maternity pictures.
(Stay tuned for that).

Even though I haven't been working these last couple of weeks at The Motherhood Center, due to the center being closed for the holidays, I have been staying busy with photography.
This last week, I had the pleasure of taking Janette & Brennan's Engagement Pictures.
Even though we had to fight the drizzly weather, we had some fun conversations and I'm happy with the results!
Here's one of my favorites of them.

Also, as I had mentioned in a previous blog, Jodi and her ceramics class at Lamar had a show in Silsbee and it went really well!

(Katy Dubbison)
(Byron O'Quinn)
(Jodi Hebert)
(More of Jodi's work)
(Class Picture)
(Joyce Phyilen)
(Jodi's work titled "An Allegory of My Sister Amongst Hurricane Season")
(Chelsy Broussard)
(Katy Dubisson)
(Amanda Talcott)

There were a lot of really great pieces of work, but I can't put them all!!
Shout-Outs:
Congratulations to Courtney, Kaycee, Lindsay, Jacee, Ryan on graduating from College!!
Happy Belated Birthday Lindsay Lowell!
Happy Belated Birthday Lucy Bibel!
Congratulations on your new pregnancy, Rheanna!

Happy 2009 Everyone!

Peace, Love, and all that greatness,
Jessi Hebert
www.JessiHebert.com
Jessi@JessiHebert.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd blog more often, I do definitely enjoy when you do.
You may have read mine, entitled, "dear 2009, I need you.". Sort of the same, sort of not.
love you,
chopeadope