Friday, August 1, 2008

It's MY BIRTHDAY and it can storm if it wants to...APPARENTLY

I know, lately, if you've checked back here you've been let down.
"No new blog!?" you've exclaimed. 
Well, I just try not to post a blog unless I have some pictures, because, well I AM a photographer and this IS linked to my photography website.
But you'll have to excuse me because I still don't have a camera.
My sister, Chrystal, took my other sister, Jodi's, camera to Puerto Vallarta on her 2nd wedding anniversary with Aaron.
Meanwhile, Jodi and I were left with Chrystal's point-and-shoot digital camera and the damn thing turns images pink occasionally, so I've been camera-less up until this week.

Jodi and I took our sister and brother-in-law's Sunday tickets to the Astros game and even though they lost (miserably I might ad) it was fun to be there, just the same.

On a side note, I've been watching a lot of Netflix lately and boy what a great investment that has been! I've been able to watch oldies that are virtually impossible to find on dvd these days, tv-show boxed sets that I've missed because of school or the fact that we still DON'T HAVE TIVO, or documentaries and foreign films. 
(Netflix, where's my money for endorsing your product?? I could sure as hell use it, right about now.)

What have I already watched??
The U.S. vs. John Lennon - (loved it)
I'm Not There - (portraying the different characteristics/personas of Bob Dylan)
The Other Boleyn Girl - (starring Natalie Portman & Scarlett Johannsen) (loved it)
Roman Holiday - (starring Audrey Hepburn) (didn't enjoy it all that much)

What's next on my list?
An Affair to Remember (oldie)
North Country (starring Charlize Theron)
Gandhi
Amelie (a french foreign film)
etc...

Last Saturday Jodi, Chelsy, Katie (Chelsy's friend), and I went to the John Mayer concert in the Woodlands. It was absolutely perfection. He performed without his shirt and when he turned around you could see the top of his ass crack. :)
I personally could have done WITHOUT Colbie Caillat opening for him, but it was a great concert none the less. It was one of those concerts where afterwards your knees hurt from standing at an incline the whole night and your voice is raspy from screaming at the sexiness up on stage. 
You may be saying to yourself "John Mayer is a douche"....well, I don't care if you don't enjoy his sexy soulful voice, but you can't deny his talent in playing the guitar. YOU play the guitar better than him and I'll be calling you sexy. 
(P.S. guitar hero DOESN'T COUNT).

TODAY is my 21st BIRTHDAY! It's of course, JODI's 21st BIRTHDAY, also!
Luckily for me (sarcasm all the way) we have a tropical storm on it's way.
Tropical Storm Edouard! Not Edward, not Eduardo, Edouard...what a dumb ass name.
Can you tell I'm spiteful? Yesterday I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to help prepare for this thing. It's supposed to hit Galveston at 1 p.m. and we'll get the fall-off which usually includes strong rain, wind, and tornados.
Meanwhile, we've got enough gas to run our generator for a year, enough Ramen and tuna to feed all the people in Ethiopia, and enough dvds to keep us busy for a year. So, I think we're good.

Shout-outs:
Thanks to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday! 
Happy Birthday, Jodi Gabrielle!!!
Happy Belated Birthday to Christine and Lisa!
Happy Birthday in advance to KARA, MOM, Cody, Julien, Jesse, Teague, and Christi.

There are no pictures in this post, I know, BUT the next post will include an ass-load of them.

I'm going to Houston with Jo, Gracie, and Leah this weekend and we plan on seeing:
Some museums, the zoo, and the Pineapple Express movie(trailer below).


Thanks for reading or at least scamming through it fairly slowly!
Love you, good luck riding out the storm if you are doing so!
Jessi 

4 comments:

Katelynne Lowensen said...

Aww im sorry your day is going to be shit. I hope the rain doesn't ruin your birthday. I love you. tell Jodi I love her too. You both have an awesome day and party your brains out tonight. love you tons and miss you more.

-katelynne

Anonymous said...

need to figure out how to change the date on your latest. it says friday the 1st...and that aint right..lol.
had a good dinner last night with everyone, enjoyed it.
love you!
happy 21 baby sister(s)!!
--chopey

Unknown said...

i started writing it on the first, but didn't finish it until the 5th, chopey. love you, too...and thanks, it was a lot of fun.

NearBeerNW said...

an affair to remember- good choice. it's better than love affair, even though they're practically the same, scene for scene.